Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Really nothing??

Yesterday, I saw the movie "Stop, or My Mom Will Shoot!"- arguably one of the stupidest movies I've ever seen.

For those who haven't seen the movie, it's about a 70-year old frail but streetsmart n protective mother coming to visit Sylvester Stallone who's a supercop. She meddles in every affair of his life- work, food, love interest (even dirty laundry) and turns his n the police dept's world upside down leading to ridiculously disastrous results.

Yawning at a faster rate than Stallone shooting down the bad guys ,I was about to flip the channel. But then, I watched this scene:

Poor Sylvie is lying down battered at the end of a fight with the druglords n a mountain-sized bad guy's about to shoot him to bits. Suddenly, the latter hears a gun click n turns around to see Sylvie's Mummy standing with legs shoulder-length apart n pointing a Beretta at him with frail hands.

The tiny woman stands erect n stares at him in the eyes n says in a deep voice,

"No one touches my baby while I'm alive!!"

and shoots him to oblivion.

It was nothing. Really. An insignificant climax to an insignificant movie.

But I felt overwhelmed. And I wept.

Why is that??

3 comments:

Lucifer said...

shabdon ko nahi bhawnaon ko samjho!!!

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

how on earth cud u cry aftr seeing dat??

Highlander said...

@Mayz and Gunj,
Yeah, you're right!! But strangely I saw something poignant in something so unpardonably dumb.. Something maternal in nature..and I felt blessed...