Saturday, April 26, 2008

The deserted heart..

The extremes that I see within myself sometimes frightens me.

One moment I am brimming with life and have an overwhelming sense of compasssion and belonging to the world. Love, peace, brotherhood, hope.

And then the next moment, I feel like an empty shell. I look within myself and see a vast barren desert,harsh and lifeless. The gentle "humidness" has vanished; the heartbeat of life vanished, like a mirage.

And then in the deep reaches of that desert, I find a hidden trickle of blood...The trickle widens and soon the eight quarters tremble under its force.

My heart is bleeding..I've been mercilessly left to perish.

The dark clouds of sadness boil in my mind's sky. They boil like deep wounds that will remain open forever.

The river of prayer and compassion that I let loose in my heart for others has dried up.

They have built dams in its path. They have harnessed it's power. They have set up walls

of ingratitude around my selfless river for their benefit.

The heat of merciless indifference has desertified my mindscape...

From this moment, You and I will be confined to just You. I no longer exist.

Where is that oasis of life, that spring of joy, that rainshower of hope??

Why this eternal sadness in the dark side of my moon??

3 comments:

Lucifer said...

we dream...we visulaize...we smirk...we know we r different...
we follow d darkness...n then question its existence...we howl wid d wolf n then question our sanity
we laugh wid d devil n then question d softness of moonlight

Mez said...

Were u just talkin about me here? Well all i can say it u not alone(assumin this was for true).

Goin by ur previous post, i donno wat to conclude abt reality or insanity like mayz says before..lol

Kiddin!

Anonymous said...

Hi ,

I was reading ur blog posts and found some of them to be wow.. u write well.. Why don't you popularize it more.. ur posts on ur blog ‘A dewdrop wedded to a swordblade’ took my particular attention as some of them are interesting topics of mine too;

BTW I help out some ex-IIMA guys who with another batch mate run www.rambhai.com where you can post links to your most loved blog-posts. Rambhai was the chaiwala at IIMA and it is a site where users can themselves share links to blog posts etc and other can find and vote on them. The best make it to the homepage!

This way you can reach out to rambhai readers some of whom could become your ardent fans.. who knows.. :)

Cheers,