Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My birth

Me: Some one said that people who changed the course of history exhibited a rare symbol of their nature when they were born.. Chanakya had a complete set of teeth when he was born.. Genghiz Khan had a blood wound in his right palm when he was born.. Hitler steadfastly refused to cry and kept staring at the midwife..

Ma: I don't think so..You haven't become anything till now!!

Me: Eh?? What do you mean?? Did I do something unusual?

Ma: Yeah. You laughed!!

Me(astounded): Kya baat kar rahe ho??

Ma: Yup..I remember that day..my labour was very painful. I'd lost some blood and so had to be put on transfusion. Then I felt this huge wave of numbing pain!! A flash and I saw stars in my closed eyes!! Then I heard a small guffaw, like someone laughing after witnessed a joke! I opened my eyes and the doctor was staring at a small bundle of life shaking its tummy and making a gurgling voice...Make no mistake, you were laughing!! The doctor was a bit hesitant and then slapped you slowly on your bum..You suddenly went silent..One more slap and then you started bellowing with a vengeance!!

Me(beaming): Whoa!! So I laughed the first thing when I was born!! SoI'm gonna be great soon!!

Ma(snickering):Really?? I haven't seen anything all these years to prove that. We spent all this money to educate you...and what have you done till now??(I try to keep a non-chalant face) I'll tell you what..In your previous birth, you died in a movie theatre watching a hilarious movie, may be a heart attack or something. You couldn't laugh out properly while you died. So when you were born, you laughed out at that old sub-conscious joke.. Nothing else..nothing great there..Go to sleep now..it's late!

Hmmm..Fate is not without a sense of irony, right? Sigh!!

4 comments:

Lucifer said...

haha...ur mom has a sense of humour even better than u dude!!
died while watchin a comedy...lol

Highlander said...

He he..poor thing, me mom!! what all she had to go through to bring me up.. :)

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

lol...ur mumz theory was hillarious!

Highlander said...

Mother's humour..I'd never noticed it till then...Rare thing..