Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Mad God Who Rolled the Boulder




O Mother who begot twelve children;
I am the madman among your progeny.
There are no faggots feasting on my dreadlocks,
Neither are my eyes blinded by solid darkness,
Neither is there the naked, base lust that blows with friction
Causing sparks in the flinty corner of my heart.

In the cemetery where the creaky doors to life close,
Where heaps of ash slowly rest their panting breaths,
Sitting in vigilant meditation,like a wick
That burns without burning, I who scavenge
For the Truth am the madman; I who suffer silently am the fool.

For eons, I have built a fire and sat guard
With a filariatic leg, to that Temple where
All temples dissolve into, where all puppetry
Of nobility burns down, the cemetery of life.
I have pushed the boulder up that Hill of
Bloated and sickening dreams of Desire.

As the eight quarters slowly entwine with
The silent creeper of peace and cover my eyes,
Somewhere in my memory a trail takes a turn
To the ancient straight bloodline of Vararuchi.

(To be continued...)

8 comments:

c'est la vie said...

"I have pushed the boulder up that
hill of
Bloated and sickening dreams of Desire"

plain but plaintiff...is it ?

"The silent creeper of peace and cover my eyes,
Somewhere in my memory a trail takes a turn" - catchy lines.

hey's i don rem Vararuchi, some one related to Kerala...isn't it ?
some astrologer or something...!!!

Lucifer said...

dude whenz d nxt part comin...really waitin to read it...will comment on d whole thing then

Highlander said...

@bt_crist: That's true sir, he was among the nine gems of Vikramaditya's court. Contemporary of Kalidas. As the legend goes,his 12 offspring supposedly grew in 12 different castes/professions in Kerala- All enightened from birth. They're all still worshipped as gods in Kerala.

Highlander said...

@mayz, sorry dude, got a little caught up..The remaining will be coming up soon..These thoughts are to be carefully distilled, right?? I'm treading a razor's edge..May the madman help me!!

Mez said...

Hey

Thanks for droppin by my blog and ofcourse,that post link.

Mez said...

Ur list of mallu traits was funny.

Highlander said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Highlander said...

@mez, he he..true madam..When I wore the "Objectivity" glasses n looked,certain new things came to light.